Several local agencies have programs to support landlords who want to rent to a struggling family. These programs include:
- Screening and background checks of prospective tenants.
- Rent subsidy which guarantees landlord receives a payment each month.
- Rent Well, a tenant education class that teaches participants to become model tenants.
- Case manager helping the household achieve self-sufficiency. The case manager provides support for both the landlord and the tenant.
- Emergency case manager phone line available to landlord 24/7. Case managers will go out immediately if something should go wrong.
- Monthly maintenance check to ensure property is taken care of.
Tenants typically are coming out of shelter or participating in a program to help them become self-sufficient. The landlord can participate with one unit or multiple units.
Share ASPIRE: Dee Sanders, Share ASPIRE Director Email: AspireDir@sharevancouver.org Phone: 1 (360) 952-8214
Tom Breitenbauch Assistant Housing Director (360) 952-8201 email@example.com
Second Step Housing: Ryan Macheras, 360 721-5246 or call the main office number for general questions, 360-993-5301.
Other organizations which have similar programs:
Prospective landlords would need to call the organization to find out more. If you would prefer to start by talking to a member of Faith Partners for Housing, see Kathy Iberle or Denny Smith on our Contact page.